My new friend Noodle, who you can meet at noodle4president.wordpress.com, has honored ME with an award! This is my very first award EVER and I am very excited to participate – woof woof woof!
Here’s where the fun starts! I get to answer 11 questions written by Noodles…
1) What would you do if your parents brought home a new puppy?
I would immediately let him know that ALL TOYS, especially my slimy, bald Kong squeaky bone, are OFF LIMITS. This is accomplished by growling at him until he cries and rolls on his back. Of course, I would ALWAYS steal his toys and bury them in the backyard, like I do with my DKB’s (Dumb Kitten Brothers). Then I would patiently wait for him to go home.
2) If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Dog beach, paws down. There is nothing better than running into the ocean waves and paddling like a mad dog to catch up with my daddy as the foamy waves crash into me. Sometimes, though, I accidentally drink the salt water and consequently pee out of my butt. I don’t like that.
3) What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I want to help people prevent making the mistake my human made the day she brought home two kittens in a box! What was she thinking? So I’m showing the world how dumb my little brothers are, and how wonderful I am. Just kidding. Sort of. I mostly want to share about my life with other dogs make new friends. It’s almost as fun as sniffing butts. Mommy says she especially loves to talk to other people who treat their pets as family, like she always has.
4) If you went to the pet store, what is one thing you couldn’t leave without buying?
Kong squeaky bones! When my human first brought me home from my foster mom’s house, she stopped by Petco and let me pick out my own toy. After secretly peeing in the aisle, I went straight for the giant fuzzy Kong bone. I’m on my third bone, and with each one I’ve eaten off all of the tennis ball fuzzy stuff on the outside. Mommy frowns when she sees bright green fuzz in my poop.
5) What do you want to be when you grow up? If you are already a grown up, did you do what you wanted to do?
My people tell me that I am six dog years old, which is middle age in human years. When I was a puppy, I just wanted to have a home of my own where I wouldn’t be scared all the time. When my human brought me home at ten months old, my greatest doggy dreams came true. I did even more than my former puppy mind could have imagined!
6) What is your favorite animal?
Humans. As long as they 1) have food 2) smell like dogs 3) pet me
7) How would you describe your personality?
Mommy calls me a mixed bag o’moods. I can be both bossy and shy, fearless and fearful (especially of plastic bags and fireworks), grumpy and affectionate. Mostly, though, I think I am basically a pretty good natured fella’.
8) If you could change one thing about your parents, what would you change?
I wish they would play with me more and take me on more walks. We used to go on walks every evening, just me, mommy and daddy. This activity has decreased since Dumb Kitten Brothers showed up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
9) Do you sleep in the bed with your parents, a crate, couch, or a doggy bed?
I used to have my own bed, until you-know-who moved in. Now they sleep in my bed, so I secretly sleep on the couch. Daddy lets me sleep on the bed on Firecracker Day, because I shiver and shake with such intense fear.
10) Do you play fetch?
Yes – my own version of it.
11) If you answered ‘yes’ to #10: Why would you play that silly game?! I just don’t understand it! If you answered ‘no’, is it because it makes no sense to you, too???
The BEST part about catch is bringing the tennis ball back and NOT letting it go!!!! I LOVE to make my humans pry it out of my growling mouth.
11 random facts about me:
- I am terrified of plastic bags, especially when they blow across the yard.
- When avocados fall from the tree in our backyard, I bury them, come back a week or so later and lick the insides out. Doggy guacamole!
- I am double-terrified of loud metal noises, like pots and pans hitting together.
- When my Dumb Kitten Brothers are standing in front of me and mommy says “get the kitty” I run to the backyard and bark at the place where the neighbor’s mean cat usually sits. Mommy says I don’t realize that my brothers are also kitties. I don’t know what she means by this.
- I can smell fear and will growl at – never bite – people who are afraid of me.
- I love to stand in front of my mommy and put the top of my head in her lap, so she can rub my neck and shoulders.
- I love, love, love to swim in the ocean and bite the water.
- I love, love, love to bark and bite at the sprinklers when they come on.
- I don’t like the clicking sound of the black picture-taking box mommy keeps sticking in front of my face.
- I love to run up to Little Poodle and bark, then run away. He pees on himself every time.
- I love to tear the squeaker out of the stuffed animals that mommy buys for me, then walk around chewing it and making squeaky sounds. She usually takes it away from me because she says it will make my butt squeak if I swallow it.
Now it’s my turn to nominate. In no particular order:
This is the hard part! There are so many wonderful blogs that inspire my canine mind, it’s hard to narrow it down. Here are five for starters…
jacquesdogblog.wordpress.com is a great blog about a super-smart Westie named Jacques.
thelonelydogs.net anyone who has 23 dogs on a ranch in Mexico is okay-dokay in my book! Plus, I love looking at the beautiful photography.
rachelmankowitz.wordpress.com a very insightful and beautifully written blog about Rachel’s two pups, Cricket and Butterfly.
albertsnewyork.com albert lives in New York City AND he has a leather jacket! He’s a pretty cool pup and his humans take him to lots of dog-friendly places in the Big Apple.
ranchrunamuck.wordpress.com I live vicariously through the pups that live on this ranch (I have a secret fantasy of going to a ranch one day so I can chase baby cows).
11 questions for the nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite type of animal in the world, real or mythical?
- What is your least favorite type of animal?
- What do you do for fun?
- What is your favorite weather, and why?
- How would you describe your personality?
- If you could change one thing about your humans (or your pet if you are a human answering this) what would that be?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Where is your favorite place to visit?
- What is your most delicious food to eat?
- What makes you smile (or wag)?
Should you accept this award, you’ll need to know the rules, which are:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers.
- List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.